Latest Hotel Jobs In Canada Free Visa Ticket Apply Now
Magnificent Tours is currently seeking a General Manager of Tour Operations who has a passion for excellence to lead the Magnificent Tour team. The position is responsible for overseeing the Tour Agents, Tour Assistants and Tour Drivers to ensure the highest level of service is delivered and turn our client’s experience to Niagara into a treasured memory for a lifetime.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Senior Management, the position must work in conjunction with partnering suppliers to maximize revenue. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Accountable for the design, preparation and implementation of all elements/components that are involved in the creation of the Company’s tourism products (i.e. winery/brewery tours, scenic tours, Niagara cruises, customized tours for groups and other Niagara attractions venues) within budget and contractual requirements.
- Oversee contractual commitments between Magnificent Tours and hosting venues which includes, managing, preparing and/or reviewing all contracts relating to tour operation services.
- Successfully negotiating with partnering suppliers to facilitate the administration of cost effective rates while maintaining the delivery of superior tourism products and services.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with partnering suppliers through routine day to day activities and supplier visitations.
- Increase sales and market share through upselling, by exploring/staying current with the tourism industry product trends and by maintaining thorough awareness of Company competitors and their product offerings.
- Control costs effectively to meet budget guidelines and desired financial results; implementing control system for all controllable costs.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department to create brochures and internet based information to promote our tourism products and service offerings.
- Manage the tour operational functions including insurance, tour logistics, the Company’s fleet vehicles and preventative maintenance program.
- Recruit, train and develop all employees; review staffing levels as needed to ensure that guest service, the daily business demands and financial objectives are met.
- Ensure that all employees are fully aware of relevant information concerning our tourism products and service offerings as well as local events and public services.
- Monitor client satisfaction to ensure that our tourism products meet and exceed our clients’ expectations by giving feedback of clients’ experience to team members.
- Ensure positive customer service in all areas. Investigate and respond to any complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn any dissatisfied clients into return customers.
- Resolve any tour issues with guests, partnering establishments, tour guide agents, tour drivers etc….
- Ensure that employees are in compliance of all Company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Communicating the health and safety requirements and regulations and ensure they are followed.
- Ensuring that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all employees within the Department.
- Celebrating successes and publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Serving as a role model to the Magnificent Tour’s Team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.