Research Analyst 2
Our Team is Sports Minded; we’re forceful and aggressive! We are searching for aggressive people to fill the underneath passage level openings and join our Team. We are seeing hard – working, committed people with wonderful relationship building abilities and the capacity to multi – undertaking. We are hoping to procure excellent people for a few regions to help in our development anticipate this year.
Striving towards making Toronto one of the most sustainable cities in the world, the Environment and Energy Division (EED) facilitates the development of corporate-wide environmental and energy policies and programs. Guided by 4 key objectives (Energy Conservation and Demand Management, Reduced Emissions, Energy Security and Supply, Resilient City) the EED manages initiatives and programs that seek to reduce the environmental footprint of both the entire Toronto community, as well as our own corporate operations.
We are a group of diverse and enthusiastic professionals dedicated to long-term environmental and energy sustainability. If you are a passionate and innovative individual, with a desire to advance the environmental and energy policies and programs with a drive to inspire citizens, businesses, organizations and stakeholders, this is the place for you!
Reporting to the Manager in one of the portfolios of: Outreach and Engagement, Corporate Energy Initiatives, Public Energy Initiatives, EED Administration or Planning and Research, the Research Analyst 2 will provide research, administrative and customer service functions in support of the EED’s various programs and initiatives.
- Assists with the intake, review and qualification of Program applications.
- Assists with the design, development, implementation and monitoring of sector based strategies and initiatives as they relate environment and energy opportunities.
- Assists with administrative support and operational duties for the unit.
- Provides excellent support by responding to inquiries and information requests in a timely fashion.
- Supports the implementation of research, public promotion and outreach, policy and related Program development activities.
- Provides input into and administers the annual capital and operating budgets, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations; tracks development projects, disbursements and contract obligations.
- Develops methods for collecting relevant data from Program applications.
- Develops and maintains statistical reports and records, using Microsoft Office, such as minutes of meetings, and maintains contact lists for the project team.
- Prepares reports and studies, as well as other communications materials, for submission to management and others on Program related matters.
- Responds to relevant inquiries from City staff, elected officials and the public.
- Liaises with other City Divisions, agencies and corporations, funding agencies, utility companies, other levels of government, and the private sector to further the goals and objectives of the Program.
Key Qualifications: Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience with engaging residents and providing a high level of customer service.
- Considerable experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Experience in the areas of data identification, collection and documentation including developing effective written materials such as reports, minutes and memos.
- Experience conducting research, analysis, interpreting large volumes of data and summarizing findings.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant program or discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Experience with grant program coordination an asset.
You must also have:
- Strong understanding of environment and energy-related issues, building science, technologies and relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative working relationships, both internally and externally including other City divisional staff, agencies and corporations, utility companies, other levels of government and the private sector.
- Knowledge of City reporting systems such as SAP or similar financial or property data management applications.
- Ability to research, access and summarize relevant qualitative and quantitative information into clear and concise reports for senior management and other stakeholders.
- Highly developed project management and analytical skills with the ability to take initiative and solve problems.
- Ability to function or operate as a member of an interdisciplinary team and represent the division in a variety of situations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with the public and staff at various levels throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of the City’s financial policies and procedures.
Note: One (12 month vacancy) and one (24 month vacancy)FREE VISA AND TICKET APPLY NOW
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City’s hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2295653 and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
Prompt Openings in the accompanying positions:
– Customer Service
We do offer PAID TRAINING in all positions, and are looking for hopefuls who can learn and progress rapidly!
– A quick paced, fun workplace
– Career progression openings
– Continual industry instruction
– Personal and expert development
– Hands-on preparing
– A chance to begin a profession in a quickly developing industry